I loved this post by Freutcake this week, entitled 5 Secrets About Men. It has some helpful relationship advice for a newlywed like me. One of the “secrets” was that men like it when you take an interest in their sport. In that vein, as I explained in my first post, I’ve attempted to take an interest in football, since that is one of my husband’s favorite things. I find it more entertaining when I actually know something about what is going on. And since I’m anticipating that a lot of you southern gals have the same thing going on in your house, here’s a little weekly roundup of what’s happening, mainly in football, this week.
Major League Baseball playoffs start tonight ~ the Braves start game 1 against the L.A. Dodgers at 8:37 PM in Atlanta on TBS.
1. An interesting matchup this week will be in the ACC between FSU and Maryland. Both teams are 4-0 and this should be an easy win for FSU, but we’ll see what happens. Game time is Saturday at noon.
2. Ohio State is on the road in Evanston, Illinois against Northwestern in ABC’s Saturday night game at 8 pm. This is also the location for ESPN’s Gameday. Both teams are undefeated so far.
3. Georgia plays Tennessee at 3:30 PM on Saturday. I’m told this is “not a very big game”, just FYI.
4. USC (the other USC) coach Lane Kiffin got fired mid-season, which was quite dramatic. He was the former Oakland Raiders and University of Tennessee coach.
1. Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos has thrown 16 touchdowns and no interceptions so far this season. You may know him as the dude in the Buick commercials and let’s face it, he likely does not drive a Buick.
2. Atlanta Falcons play the New York Jets this week on Monday night football ~ game time is at 8:35 PM.
3. Ladies don’t get upset if your guy wants to stay up and watch the Oakland vs. San Diego game Sunday night. Game time is at 11:35 PM, yikes! Your guy probably has Darren McFadden or Philip Rivers on his Fantasy team. The start time was moved because there is an Oakland As baseball game the same day. These west coast games are brutal!
4. There is a Houston restaurant serving a Matt Schaub Pick Six burger. Matt Schaub is the quarterback for the Texans and threw a pick six (when the other team intercepts the ball and runs it back for a touchdown) and this caused the Texans to lose the game.
Good luck to everyone’s teams this week!!